San Francisco is home to the three most competitive neighborhoods for homebuyers in the United States, according to new research from real estate website Redfin. The Sunset District is the most competitive neighborhood in the country, based on measures like average number of offers, the percentage of homes that sold above asking, and the percentage of offers that were all cash. The Sunset’s hot, hot status is thanks to its abundance of single-family homes, good schools, and relative affordability, with a median sale price still hovering under $1 million, at $955K (though we’d wager that a fair amount of the neighborhood’s 28.8 percent all-cash offers went to flippers). Sunset homes spent an average of 14 days on the market and received an average of 5.5 offers each. Nearly 88 percent of properties in the Sunset went for over asking in 2014, and 54.2 percent had multiple offers.
What We’ve Posted Lately
- Exclusively Marketed By and Sold By 243 Romain Street: Refreshed for Today by Kevin Ho and Jonathan McNarry, Vanguard Properties July 21, 2017
- Steady and Increasing: Homes Sales Data from the First Part of 2017 is In July 18, 2017
- NYTimes: The Cost of a Hot Economy in California: A Severe Housing Crisis July 18, 2017
The Best & Most Accurate Property Search
- SF skyscraper rents third highest in U.S. despite growth July 21, 2017And we’re running out of space too Turns out there’s at least one metric by which San Francisco rents are not quite the highest in the nation, although it’s still unlikely to leave anyone happy. The professional service company JLL released its annual Skyline Report this week breaking down the price of office space in […]
- Spanish-Med condo in Pacific Heights asks $1.6 million July 21, 2017Tranquility galore inside renovated 1920s gem Mere steps from Lafayette Park, this top-floor unit inside 1940 Sacramento is a treat for anyone with an eye for San Francisco’s 1920a Spanish-Mediterranean look. "It represents a great opportunity for a buyer with his/her heart set on Pacific Heights,” said realtor Mike Yrazabal. "Being a top rear unit, […]
What’s Popular On the Site
1st time home buying Advice Bernal Heights Better Buying broker tour Broker Tour San Francisco Buyers Castro condo Condos dist-survey Duboce triangle Eureka Valley fixer Haight home Homebuying home buying Home for Sale homes homes for sale Kevin Ho Mid-Market Mission Mission Dolores MLS News Noe Valley open house Open Houses Real Estate Real Estate Education REO residential Residential Real Estate San Francisco San Francisco Real Estate San Francisco residential real estate SFAR SF Real Estate single family home South Beach Survey TIC Vanguard Properties
Copyright Kevin K. Ho + Jonathan McNarry, 2017
To that extent possible, the information here is copyright protected. But other information such as links, articles and the like are only reproduced here for market education purposes. Remember to research all matters discussed here to your own satisfaction.