Kevin K. Ho, Esq.
Jonathan B. McNarry
SF MLS No. 514843
Top Producers, Top 21 Vanguard Properties, Top 1% of San Francisco Agents
340 Sanchez Street
Classic San Francisco Victorian Flat in the Heart of the Castro
340 Sanchez is a 2-bed, 1-bath, 1-car parking, big-windowed, 11-foot-ceiling Victorian condominium that’s a true San Francisco classic with a coveted Castro/Mission Dolores location. The ≈ 1,100 sqft home comes with a deeded storage room and its kitchen/dining area walks right out onto a lush shared back garden. While 340 retains qualities that make Victorians so special — the millwork, wood floors and a cast iron, clawfoot tub — there are solid updates too, including a concrete foundation and smart layout that separates the two bedrooms (one looks out to the hidden-garden feel backyard and the other has a ceiling fan to keep things cool). A kitchen island with a brand new gas cooktop and pendant lights overhead is the perfect setting to make all those great meals. Other updates include a new sink, garbage disposal and updated LED cabinet lighting that brightens the space dramatically. A generous French-door refrigerator, dishwasher and pantry round out the kitchen. There are new LED light fixtures alongside antique chandeliers that literally sparkle and gleam. Set in a clutch of Victorians and part of a two-unit HOA, 340 is located on a relatively serene segment of Sanchez Street that is nevertheless surrounded by some of the most energetic and engaging parts of the City as you’re so close to Dolores Park and the rest of the Castro's attractions but you might not know it if you’re home in your sanctuary on Sanchez Street.
This is a rare opportunity to own a piece of classic San Francisco that won’t last long.
Offers reviewed starting Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.
- 2 Beds, 1 Bath, and an 11 ft x 8.5 ft deeded storage room (with its own lockable door), 1-car garage parking
- ≈ 1,109 sqft (as per appraiser)*
- 11-ft tall ceilings
- Kitchen features a central island with gas cooktop (brand new), electric oven, and new pendant lights overhead. French door refrigerator, pantry, dishwasher, brand-new stainless sink, faucet and garbage disposal. Brand-new LED cabinet lighting from Alloy LED (the same people who did the Bay Bridge LED lights)
- Just-refinished wood floors throughout
- Designer lighting fixtures including a new dining fixture from Currey and Company and the Logico fixture from Artemide in the bathroom
- Brand new carpet in garden bedroom and closets
- Lath and plaster walls (just repainted)
- Ornamented and embellished Victorian millwork and details throughout
- Antique, lead crystal chandeliers with original medallions (with new LED bulbs with 15,000-hour expected service life) in living room and garden bedroom
- Bathroom features cast-iron clawfoot tub (just re-enameled), new pedestal sink, toilet, designer lighting from Artemide and Minka
- New, energy-efficient LED lighting throughout the home
- Central gas furnace with an enhanced air filtration system that uses thicker-than-normal air filters with a MERV 13 rating (which removes up to 95% of airborne particulate matter)**
* = If desired, buyers may want to confirm this figure to their own satisfaction
** = Replaceable air filter packaging states this rating, seller cannot warrant efficacy of such
- 2 Unit Building and HOA
- Monthly Dues = $300 (water, garbage, common area upkeep, building insurance, common area utilities)
- Shared lush back garden
- Victorian building circa 1895
- APN = 3564-116
- In the Heart of the Castro District
- Blocks from Dolores Park, Duboce Park
- Proximity to Castro shops, restaurants, night life (when it comes back), tech shuttles and MUNI (F, J, K, L, M and 22 bus), and the Valencia Corridor
- Walk Score = 99, Bike Score = 89, Transit Score = 81
Because virtual tours are all the rage (by necessity) these days, here’s the tour for 340 Sanchez. It’s pretty neat and accurate. Note: Mr. Raffi (the black lab) is excluded from the sale).
The general layout of 340 Sanchez. This is only an approximation and this is one of those spaces where you need to be there in person to appreciate it fully.
Blocks away from Dolores Park, Duboce Park, Mission Dolores, this Castro district condominium is close to so much
Our Other Listings
Some of Raffi’s Other Property Tours
Hi, we’re Kevin Ho and Jonathan McNarry of Vanguard Properties in San Francisco, California. We’re partners in life and in business. Together with our big black Labrador retriever, Raffi, we are top producing Realtors in San Francisco’s competitive and valuable residential real estate market.
We truly love what we do and are passionately committed to our clients, their needs and advancing their interests. We represent both buyers and sellers with many repeat clients but we are always expanding our client base. Our belief is that by working with you you will make better informed decisions in this most important of areas of life.
We invite you to contact us to learn more and to start your success story now.
SOME STUFF TO KNOW.
To that extent possible, the information on this website is copyright protected. But other information such as links, articles and other ephemera are only reproduced here for educational purposes and may not represent our views or are otherwise approved by us. More important, whatever the source, remember to research all matters discussed here to your own satisfaction; trust but verify.
Real estate is always changing and evolving. Because it’s based on people and people are, well people. Therefore, real estate can be complex and as fickle as it is surprising. And while the information and knowledge on this site is considered to be accurate and correct, it cannot be warranted. Market conditions in San Francisco, in California, and the world can change with a tweet or a sneeze and is beyond anyone’s control as hard as we try.
In San Francisco, things like local, state and federal tax regulations can change quickly leading to big implications that take time to be realized or appreciated. Other factors like rent control rules, eviction control, lending practices and standards, building and zoning regulations are just a few of the other things like pandemics, forest fires or mortgage rates that can change with little or no notice. All of these things and other intangible factors may well impact market values and performance. So keep your wits about you and keep in touch with us.
Kevin is a licensed California attorney but focuses on real estate about 99.9 percent of the time. It’s important to note that while you can’t take the attorney out of him he will not be acting as your attorney here. To the larger point, you should also seek out qualified folks who work in their respective sectors if you have further questions about X, Y or Z; we have referrals too if you need.
SEARCH THE SITE.
© 2011-2021, Kevin Ho, Jonathan McNarry, RTI, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Kevin K. Ho, DRE 01875957/SBN 233408
Jonathan B. McNarry, DRE 01747295
2501 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94110
555 Castro Street, San Francisco, CA 94114
Privacy Cookies. Mmm. Cookies.
We’ve been told that our website may be using cookies — the electronic ones — not the ones that Cookie Monster loves. These cookies, tracking pixels and related technologies are small data files that emanate from our server or platform and are stored on your device or browser.
Also, cookies may also be used to track how you use our site, which, of course, may give rise to seeing related advertisements on other websites you visit. To comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act, we have deployed various measures you may see on this site. If you have a question or concern, feel free to contact us at [email protected]. We want you to be aware that your personal information stays private with us as we employ SSL standards among other protocols to safeguard private information.