Which part of San Francisco has the youngest residents? What about those with the highest incomes or the most born overseas? Paragon Real Estate has used census data to break down the city’s demographics by zip code. Treasure Island is the youngest zip code, South Beach-Yerba Buena is the richest and The Presidio is the most educated. The city’s zip codes are mostly dominated by renters, but St. Francis Wood-Miraloma and Parkside-Forest Hill have the most owner-occupied housing. The results are all quite fascinating, but, as Paragon notes, zip codes are often random and can include wildly diverse neighborhoods within their bounds. A good example is 94115, which covers both high-end Pacific Heights and the less wealthy Western Addition. The full list of demographic breakdowns includes foreign-born percentage of population, percentage of residents with bachelor’s and graduate degrees, percentage of housing owner-occupied, average household size, and median age of residents.
What We’ve Posted Lately
- Exclusively Marketed By and Sold By 243 Romain Street: Refreshed for Today by Kevin Ho and Jonathan McNarry, Vanguard Properties July 21, 2017
- Steady and Increasing: Homes Sales Data from the First Part of 2017 is In July 18, 2017
- NYTimes: The Cost of a Hot Economy in California: A Severe Housing Crisis July 18, 2017
The Best & Most Accurate Property Search
- San Francisco’s most and least expensive homes this week July 21, 2017This time it pays to go low in Potrero Hill Friday is time for the High & the Low, a Curbed column chronicling the most and least expensive homes sold in San Francisco in the last seven days. Here’s this week’s pageant of extremes. Back in May the brick-clad Georgian masterpiece at 2502 Jackson, circa […]
- Lake Tahoe home seeks a whopping $75 million July 21, 2017Comes with 13 fireplaces, 8 bedroom, 2 glass funiculars, and 1 gargantuan asking price Way over in Lake Tahoe, a new construction, christened Crystal Pointe, nestled above the titular lake, is on the market. And it’s asking a crisp $75 million. What does such a price afford one these days? A lot. In addition to […]
What’s Popular On the Site
1st time home buying Advice Bernal Heights Better Buying broker tour Broker Tour San Francisco Buyers Castro condo Condos dist-survey Duboce triangle Eureka Valley fixer Haight home Homebuying home buying Home for Sale homes homes for sale Kevin Ho Mid-Market Mission Mission Dolores MLS News Noe Valley open house Open Houses Real Estate Real Estate Education REO residential Residential Real Estate San Francisco San Francisco Real Estate San Francisco residential real estate SFAR SF Real Estate single family home South Beach Survey TIC Vanguard Properties
Copyright Kevin K. Ho + Jonathan McNarry, 2017
To that extent possible, the information here is copyright protected. But other information such as links, articles and the like are only reproduced here for market education purposes. Remember to research all matters discussed here to your own satisfaction.