The sun is out (or will be). It’s Father’s Day. The Warriors (the dubs) are NBA champions for the first time in 40 years. Things are perking up. Speaking of perking up, interest rates are indeed expected to perk on up come September but are nevertheless at their highest rates since October 2014 with 30-year conventional mortgages in the 4.125% range and 7- and 10-year ARMS in the 3-4% range. A reminder that things will change so it’s high time to get low mortgage rates locked in while you can. But this week’s theme is of something happening for the first time in a long time. Apart from the NBA champs, we’ve seen 100 new listings appear on the MLS within the 24 hours before the Friday noon deadline to enter a listing on the MLS to ensure a property’s open house times for the weekend are included with all the others.
What We’ve Posted Lately
- Exclusively Marketed By and Sold By 243 Romain Street: Refreshed for Today by Kevin Ho and Jonathan McNarry, Vanguard Properties July 21, 2017
- Steady and Increasing: Homes Sales Data from the First Part of 2017 is In July 18, 2017
- NYTimes: The Cost of a Hot Economy in California: A Severe Housing Crisis July 18, 2017
The Best & Most Accurate Property Search
- San Francisco’s most and least expensive homes this week July 21, 2017This time it pays to go low in Potrero Hill Friday is time for the High & the Low, a Curbed column chronicling the most and least expensive homes sold in San Francisco in the last seven days. Here’s this week’s pageant of extremes. Back in May the brick-clad Georgian masterpiece at 2502 Jackson, circa […]
- Lake Tahoe home seeks a whopping $75 million July 21, 2017Comes with 13 fireplaces, 8 bedroom, 2 glass funiculars, and 1 gargantuan asking price Way over in Lake Tahoe, a new construction, christened Crystal Pointe, nestled above the titular lake, is on the market. And it’s asking a crisp $75 million. What does such a price afford one these days? A lot. In addition to […]
What’s Popular On the Site
Copyright Kevin K. Ho + Jonathan McNarry, 2017
To that extent possible, the information here is copyright protected. But other information such as links, articles and the like are only reproduced here for market education purposes. Remember to research all matters discussed here to your own satisfaction.