SF MLS No. 445919
A Bit of SoHo in SOMA: A Converted Trophy Warehouse.
735 CLEMENTINA STREET, SAN FRANCISCO
Previously Listed with Kevin+Jonathan: Nestled on a fast-rising neighborhood alley in SoMa, 735 Clementina is a thoughtfully crafted and designed property that is the very model of what a thoroughly reengineered and amenity-filled modern warehouse conversion should be: a stunning urban property that has the hallmarks of design, ecology and amazing location.
Currently used as a large, open and captivating 2-level, 2-bed, 2-bath luxury home, 735 Clementina has more than 1900 sqft of indoor living space (2274 sqft total interior) + nearly 1200 sqft of private outdoor space thanks to its full-length, rooftop drought-tolerant garden + upper sun deck that has skyline views.
Completely rebuilt, re-engineered, 735 is a smart and green property that has a vast bright — yet intimate — living area that brings the outdoors in under its massive 35-foot long skylight, equipped with power shades with motorized operation (4 panes that open for ventilation); 550-gallon grey water reclamation system, solar power and radiant heat. There is a commercial-grade, premium kitchen with large top-line appliances, exclusive master suite with bathtub, dual rain shower-head showers + steam shower capabilities and ridiculously big master closet (that also doubles as a massive speaker box). 735’s scale is enhanced by 13-ft & 10-ft ceilings with reclaimed wood details throughout. Smart home features use mobile apps, Apple TV, Amazon’s Echo, + audio/networking tech for one-touch control whether you’re home or not.
Properties like this rarified trophy historic conversion warehouse seldom come to the market and the opportunity to own it won’t last. Prepared to experience the freedom of being able to live in central SOMA with no HOA, private outdoor space in a property that is the textbook definition of an urban oasis. Luxury amenities marry with technology and ecology in this cavernous space with sleek concrete floors, a 35-foot long skylight and AV and lighting options to set the right mood every time.
Call Us For More Information
Explore 735 Clementina From a Different Vantage Point
- Circa 1927
- APN: 3729-036
- Zoning: RED-MX residential enclave, mixed
- Configuration: 2 Beds, 2 Baths, 2 Levels, 1 Car Garage (Capacity to add car lift, 10-ft commercial garage door)
- Ceiling Heights: 13-foot and 10-foot high ceilings in living areas; 12-foot high garage ceiling
- Measurements, as per appraiser:
- Interior Area: ≈ 2274 sqft (≈ 1923 sqft living; ≈ 351 sqft garage)
- Outdoor Area: ≈ 1190 sqft
- Parcel: 25-ft wide x 75-ft long
- Centralized computer control of lighting, security, water management, and entertainment using Apple TV and Amazon’s Alexa among other technologies
- Audio cable connections throughout
- Wired for CCTV cameras
- Fully wired with network bridges and Cat-5 internet cable throughout
- Solar panels produce ≈ 4.83 kW
- 35-foot long, UV-glazed, double-pane skylight with four motorized, remote control sections that open for fresh air; power shade to control temperature
- 550-gallon, Grey Water reclamation and distribution system with an optional extra 200-gallon capacity
- Pre-boiler solar hot-water pre-heating
- HEPA air filtration system
- Roof-top solar panels that generate enough power to lead to negative-balance PG&E bills in the summer
- Living, drought-tolerant, full-length urban rooftop garden and upper sun-deck garden updated by J. Angel Garcia of Bramble and Vine. Garcia is a rising star and has been selected for various innovative landscape designs that play on his knowledge as an aspiring botanist.
"Amazing. Really amazing."
"It’s ecological — yet they kept it urban chic."
"What else can you say? They’ve done a phenomenal job. This is unbelievable."
"This is how you’re supposed to live."
What else? There’s so much to talk about. Here are some points to remember:
With sedum, bamboo, oxalis, Japanese maples, artichokes, rosemary, pomegranate, lemon and lime and more.
The flow of the design came easily, the post industrial architecture of the house seemed best complemented by bold color. The previous owners had a native garden, based on this, I chose plants with similar requirements. The garden serves the dual purpose of form and function as it is also habitat for wildlife and provides food for polinators.
— J Angel Garcia
FOR THE CHEF.
- Professional grade, Blue Star six-burner stove with five 22,000 BTU burners and one 15,000 BTU burner; gas oven and broiler
- In-wall pot filler, which makes cooking a breeze
- A powerful, 48-inch, 2200-cfm external kitchen exhaust fan (average home units move only 300-400 cfms)
- 48-inch, twin compressor, top-end Northland see-through, French-door refrigerator and freezer
- Bosch dishwasher, microwave, stainless steel countertop with integrated sink
- Large, custom, honed granite movable kitchen island with power and large amount of storage
- In-kitchen LG flatscreen television and premium speakers
- In-ground, naturally cooled, 400-bottle wine and food cellar
- Large pantry for your foodstuffs
FOR THE AUDIOPHILE.
- Six 18-inch built-in woofers currently powered by a 4000-watt amplifier that also uses the master closet as an ‘infinite baffle’ speaker box (i.e., subwoofer — centrally controlled, of course)
- Indoor and outdoor speakers, all centrally controlled that allows music indoors and outdoors on both floors
- Large HAM radio tower for the enthusiast
- Adjustable lighting settings and positions to create right ambiance
- Custom mural art by New Bohemia Signs on 9th Street
The usual fine print (and it’s quite fine indeed). Vanguard Properties, Kevin Ho and Jonathan McNarry believe the information presented here to be reasonably accurate and correct but we cannot warrant nor guarantee it as such. Nor can Vanguard and its agents guarantee the work and product of others relating to the Property. As with all things real estate, buyers, their agents and representatives should — and must — conduct their own independent investigation, research and analysis relating to the Property to their own satisfaction before proceeding with a purchase. Moreover, certain regulations, laws, ordinances and local practice and custom may apply. It’s always best to educate yourself so you can make the most informed decisions possible.